Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birthday Card







This is a birthday card that I've created using lots of doodling and distressing.

Here are the steps to it.

1) The strip of paper on the left is created using the "water distressing" technique. I've first inked the paper using various colours of distress ink (ie. shabby shutters, peeled paint, frayed burlap, weathered wood, pine needles) and some sponges. Then I've sprinkled some water on it to create the water distressed look. To add more details to it, I've stamped on it and later masked some simple geometric patterns on it using distress ink.

2) I've used "Freshen up your Flowers" technique on the flower in the center.

3) All the flowers on the right border had been hand doodled and I've added some sequins and glitters for some bling.

Sources: Card stock: ProvoCraft, Pattern Paper: Paper Pizazz, Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, Staz On, Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Hampton Arts, Inkadinkado, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, sequins, glitters (Stickles).

10 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW-great card!
xAndrea

Ying Pang, said...

amazing!beautiful creations !!

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful, unique and awesomely detailed! I am inspired every time I visit your blog! I especially love the hand-doodled flowers on this card ....

Marsha said...

Love the doodled flowers! Beautiful card. Look who I beat again, hehehehe

Marsha K. said...

This is gorgeous - great job on the doodling and love that little splash of red!

dutchbird said...

gorgeous card! What a work of art!

Mescrap said...

Wow !This is so so so beautiful !
Love the flowers, the distressing effect. HUh, it's gorgeous !

Nina said...

LOVE IT.... it is soo beautiful!!

dragonflys said...

the hand cut and doodle border is so cool great idea

Nessa N said...

I stumble upon this while looking for a card idea for my mom.

You're so good at this. It's incredible.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin