Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hanging Anniversary Card (Acrylic)








This is another acrylic card that I've created to celebrate one of my COF 's Anniversary. I've just came up with the thought to not to use any card stock or pattern paper for this card. I want it to be transparent with some splash of colours. Therefore, I've used only acrylic sheet, transparency and vellum.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've use a sheet of acrylic for it's base.
2) Then, I have cut out a transparency sheet with scallop sides, I've inked the transparency with some alcohol inks (oregano, meadow, expresso, butterscotch, gold mixatives, blending solution) and painted the edges with black acrylic paint.
3) Then I've used glue dots to layer that on top of the base acrylic sheet.
4) I've printed the picture onto transparency and distress the edges using the scissors technique. I've also heat embossed some gold embossing powder on it.
5) I've stamped some flourishes using solvent inks on it.
6) The flowers are actually created using a layer of vellum and a layer of transparency. I've stamped a flower on the vellum and cut it out before I heat embossed some gold embossing powder on the edges of that layer. I've cut in on the petals and fold it upwards to create some dimensions.
7) To add some bling, I've used some gold glitter (stickles) to doodle dots all over the card.
8) I've used a crafting wire to make the hook to make this a hanging card.

Sources: Ink: Ranger Alcohol Ink, Emboss It, Staz On, Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Heidi Swapp, Others: embossing powders, Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, acrylic sheet, transparency, vellum, glitter (stickles), eyelets, crafting wire and ribbon.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it!!! it is so pretty! love the butterfly! ginny

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING...I had to come in for some closer peeks! AnnaD :)

Ronda Simpson said...

Saw this @ CX! I am in awe of your work!!! I love your blog. Hope you dont mind if I add it to my faves?

Anonymous said...

que c'est beau!!!!

Vicki said...

Your are a true artist! This card and other work is amazing!

Julie said...

Just stunning awesome work

Julie said...

Just stunning awesome work

Marsha said...

This is so very beautiful!!! AWESOME card, LOVE it!

Shannon said...

Simply amazing card.....your work just inspires me. Can I ask a question...with the transparency flowers did you do the doodle work on the slick side or the rough side?


Thanks so much

Marsha K. said...

Gorgeous card Irene!!!!! Love how you didn't use any pp or cs! Great idea!!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Shannon,

My transparency has two slick side. So there's not much choice for me..heehee! I just use my uni-ball signo gel pen and doodle on it. But if you have a rough side, I would suggest you try to doodle on that side. Hope this helps!

Jenna Franklin said...

Beautiful job,Irene!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice,wondeerfull!!!!!!!!!!
paty....

Carla said...

Irene I am amazed at your work, the time that it takes for every little detail is just beautiful!

pk said...

Hello!

I loved your Blog!!... i s wonderfull!!

Congratulations a lot...

Kisses,
Cris Klug.

Dawn said...

Irene- this is just beautiful!! I have been to Stonehenge twice and have never seen anything so pretty!! :)

Mescrap said...

this is so beautiful.
love the butterfly !!!

Shell said...

I love your work. So beautiful. Would you mind if I added a link to your blog on my blog under inspirational sites and blogs?

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Not a prob Rhonda S and shell07. Go ahead!

Neusinha said...

Beautiful.....I Love your Work....Lindo, muito lindo, You are in my blog ...Vc esta no meu blog...http://neusinhafusco.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your work. So beautiful...Lindo seu trabalho beijos do Brasil para vocĂȘ.
http://neusinhafusco.blogspot.com/

Beate said...

Wow!! Fantastic!! Love your work! :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your artistry astounds me! Such lovely lovely work! :0)

Becky G said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love all your details!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I just love your acetateflowers! .....and everything else ofcourse. All details...everything! I´ll be back :-)

Kathy said...

I love everything on your site. BEAUTIFUL

dragonflys said...

the best card i have ever see the design is stunning

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin