Saturday, October 4, 2008

Christmas Clear Ornament Card (Poinsettia)






Happy World Card Making Day everyone! Here's one of the tutorials that I've promised to upload for everyone to try out today! It's a Christmas Clear Ornament Card. Isn't this cool! You can send it to anyone and the recipient can proudly show it off on their tree!!! No most mess of cards flying around while on display at shelves or tables. You could also create this to decorate your tree this year. It could be a one of a kind tree that's full of personal wishes to each and other in the family and friends. I've designed this card to include the substance of "go green". It's created using some recycled Christmas gift wrappers.
Here are the steps.
1) Cut out a circle from a transparency, acetate or acrylic sheets. (I've sued transparency in my card above and you can create this card in any size you wish)
2) Ink the edges of the transparency using solvent ink. Apply the ink pad directly to the edges of the transparency at about 45 degree. (the colour of solvent ink depends on the colour that you wish for your card)
3) Choose your favourite Christmas Gift Wrappers and cut out some images from it. (You can use any kind of Christmas gift wrappers (new or old) or you can use some Christmas pattern papers. Try using some old Christmas cards or print some clip arts online to use) I've used an old poinsettia Christmas Gift Wrappers that I've saved up from last year. I've cut out two poinsettia from the gift wrapper. This is normally possible with wrappers as most of the time, the images on it would repeat all over it. Ink the edges of the cut out images using distress ink.
4) Paste the first poinsettia on the lower right of the transparency.
5) Add a ribbon to the middle of the poinsettia and add the second layer of poinsettia on top of it. Curl the petals of the second poinsettia using a scissors and add some glitters (Stickles) to it. This will add a lot of dimensions to it.
6) Add a crafting wire to the card to hold the message tag.
7) I've use Stickles to doodle a swirl on the background.
8) Add an eyelet to the top of the transparency and tie a ribbon/crafting wire/thread to it for hanging purposes.
This kind of card actually has endless possibilities to it. Look around and see what you have and start having fun with it! Hope you all like this card. I'll post another clear ornament card to share in my next post. I would love to see what you all had come up with following this tutorial. Post your links here to share. Don't forget to join in the fun at Scrapbook News and Reviews today!

Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Old Christmas gift wrappers; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Others: zig pens, Ranger Stickles, ribbon, eyelet, mini brad, crafting wire, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

12 comments:

paulien710 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW..... this is soooooo B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L!!!!!!!!

I feel soooo behind on your blog, and boy.... do I have missed it!!!!!

Love this so much Irene....

Hope you and your family have a great weekend!!!!!!

Oh and uh....... I wanna wish you the very best of luck, with your teaching event!!!!!!

(((hugs))))

Ying Pang, said...

very beautifulllllllllllllllll !!!! you are so creative...at first I thought the flowers was a bought one, but....that's your creation!! wonderful!!

Daisy Chain said...

Ohhhh!!!! How very beautiful Irene. What a wonderful idea to be able to send this to somebody special. I love your creation.

Love Debbie xx

Anonymous said...

Irene, this is lovely. Thanks for the tutorial... Hope you're enjoying WCMD!!!!!

Cathy said...

Soooo cute! Happy Card making day to you too!

Elisa K said...

Irene that is gorgeous... totally amazing and I am soooooooooooo lifting it. hehe Thanks so much for sharing... Oh and Congrats on the Queen Kat DT.... woot woot

Hugs

Tereza Crump said...

Gorgeous!!!! I just love how you think outside the box!!! :)

retiredheather said...

What a wonderful card. I love the way you made it. Fantastic.
Heather

kathy said...

what a beautiful card, irene!!!!!! will try this one, too!!!

kathy & jose'

Mescrap said...

This is so beautiful !!!

I've tagged you. Kindly refer to my blog :)

Rleen said...

This is B E A U T I F U L !!! I LOVE the flower so pretty.

Jane F. Smith said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin