Monday, December 15, 2008

Adventure and You're in My Heart Bookmark





Here's another project that I've created with the stamps that I've designed for Queen Kat Designs. These are bookmarks that I've created for my hubby. He likes to read very much therefore, I just thought that it would be an awesome surprise small gift for him. He would be able to read and look at the kids once in a while...lol!
Here are the steps.
1) Cut out two strips of pattern paper for the base of the bookmark. Ink it's edges using some distress ink.
2) Ink the edges of the photographs with distress ink and paste it on the pattern paper. Hand stitch one of it's edges for both photographs.
3) Use a self made "ring" masking template and start masking using some distress ink on the bookmark.
4) Stamp the images using solvent ink.
5) To create the floating effect, simply just stamp the "Adventure" and "Compass" again on card stock using embossing ink and heat emboss it using some gold ("Adventure") and white ("Compass") embossing powder. Cut it out , add some brads and paste it using some foam adhesives.
6) Finish it off with some ribbons and fibers.
This is a very simple project but I think it would put a smile on my hubby's face. For those of you who has not posted a comment on my first stamps giveaway post, do it now. I will be announcing the winner soon.

Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Making Memories; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Emboss It, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps:Queen Kat Designs; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, mini brads, embossing powder, ribbon, fibers, floss for stitching, Helmar Glue and Glue Dots.

17 comments:

Renee said...

What a beautiful gift for your husband Irene. I would make some for my hubby, but unless they are stuck to the computer screen they would never be seen lol. I might make some for myself though.

Thankyou.
Renee

Elizabeth said...

What a great gift of love to your Hubby. I love how you have used your new stamps. They have turned out Gorgeous!

Gayatri said...

Great gift.Gorgeous Bookmarks. I like the embossing on the stamped image. Love it Irene

paulien710 said...

Oh god.... this is STUNNING!!!!!!
I love this idea for bookmarks, and These are so precious!!!! way beyond beautiful.
I bet that your DH is going to love them, and cherish them as much as you did whilst creating. Beautiful work Irene!!!!!!

Peggy said...

Irene, this is gorgeous! When I first saw the stamps, I thought they just wouldn't work on anything but adventure LO's (which I don't have ... very boring life LOL), but you proved me wrong! I'm still a bit scared of stamps though, I don't know why, I have bought a few, but I just don't have ideas for them. On my LO I'm working on right now, I've stamped directly on the picture though, and I think it looks great ... it made me think to maybe try some more stamping, and it even made me put a heatgun and some embossing powders on my christmaslist, so who knows huh? In the meantime, keep posting your wonderful work Irene, you're inspiring so many people more than you know! xxx Peggy

Daisy Chain said...

What a cool gift Irene. Those stamps are perfect. I knew they could be used for many things. After all life is an adventure. I know your dear hubby will be thrilled with such a special gift.

Hugs Debbie xx

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Thats a perfect gift for someone. Super super cute!

mininessie said...

precious ...as always :D

Anonymous said...

WOW Irene,I love this technique. You have a knack of turning something normal into something different and stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Marsha said...

Great idea!! LOVE how you've used the stamp....giving me ideas

Melissa S. said...

I've got to get these stamps. I really like them. I always find a new technique to try or I'm reminded of techniques to use when I look at your work.Thank you so much for sharing with us. Melissa

Karina Beck said...

Love it, and i will have to make a couple.

scrapanath said...

great stamps et gorgeous project!!!

Anonymous said...

The versitality of these stamps are amazing. You have given us great inspiration!!!

chrisw said...

Such beautiful children Irene

Mescrap said...

Simple and beautiful !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin