Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Distressing with Random Magic Mesh


This is a technique that I've used in my recent mini album project. It's such an easy technique to create a distress look on your projects especially non porous surfaces such as acrylics, transparencies etc.

Just simple cut out some pieces of Magic Mesh in your desired colours (preferably colours that works well with your project to create the distress look) and randomly paste them all around the edges of the project. Use some acrylic paint to paint part of the Magic Mesh to slightly cover it's edges and blend it with the project.

I'll be uploading the completed project soon. Try this easy distressing technique in your next project.

7 comments:

Rochelle Spears said...

Great idea! Thanks! I have alot of Magic Mesh, so I will definitely try this!

Anonymous said...

that is neat. i have never used this. ( even though i have a roll of it)
looks great in your pictures.

mininessie said...

looks really beautiful...thanks for the tip :D

Tammy said...

That looks really cool! I'm always looking for new ways to use magic mesh. Thanks for all the tips you give!

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Cool! I like that effect! :o)

Wish you a Happy New Year, Irene!

New Year's hugs from Hege, in Norway

Anonymous said...

Fun, creative new spin to use Magic mesh!! Thanks for the inspiration!! A very Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

paulien710 said...

I don't have Magic mesh.... never seen it here.....
maybe, one day.... I'll get my hands to it, cause it looks great!!!!!
But to be honest.... I think, it is You... who makes it look great!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin