Saturday, March 28, 2009

Do Not Peek Door Hanger

This is my first ever altered door hanger. It's a project that I've created for Scrapbooks 'n Stickers using their gorgeous Kaisercraft pattern papers. This will be hung on Ryan's door when we move to our new home.
Here are the steps.
1) Cover the lower half of the door hanger with black card stock and the upper half with pattern paper.


2) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it to the door hanger and cut out a triangle from a pattern paper to make a photo corner. Dress it up with Stickles. Add a paper clip to it's left and tie a white ribbon to the clip. Add some Stickles to it too.

3) I've added three strips of ribbons on the bottom of the door hanger and use some alpha tiles by Junkitz to create the word "PEEK".
4) Cut out some flowers from a pattern paper and ink it with distress ink. Paste it randomly on the door hanger.

5) I've hand written the word" DO NOT" on a white card stock and attach it to a big black tile. Add the tile to the doorhanger and detail it with Stickles.

6) Cover two layers of chipboard flowers with pattern paper and ink it with distress ink. Cut out another small flower from the pattern paper and ink it with distress ink. Add it on top of the huge flower. Dress up the whole flower with Stickles.

7) Lastly, tie some ribbons and rick racks on the knob hole.
Hope I've not failed in my first altered door hanger.
I've noticed that some of you had asked me about where am I moving to? Well, I'm actually moving to a house which is about 5 minutes away. Currently, I'm staying in a small apartment and we're running out of space with Ryan and Chloe growing up and needing their own space in the apartment.Therefore, we've bought a house so that everyone would have their own space which means I will have a bigger scrap space too!lol! The moving is going to be hectic but I guess it would be fruitful to everyone in the end.
Have a great weekend!!

Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Kaisercraft; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Others: bare doorhanger, Ranger Stickles, Junkitz tiles, ribbons, rick rack, paper clip, chipboard flowers, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

8 comments:

Lingzie said...

this is a really cool door knob hanger!!! the black & white color scheme gives it a very sophisticated look :) especially love the layered chipboard flower!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

ohhhhh this is amazing!!!!!
So love this!
When are you going to move???

Anonymous said...

Very neat looking, my daughter would like to have one of these. Good luck with the move. They are so hectic.

Erica said...

This looks so cool!!!! Now Chloe needs one, too!

BethW said...

This is good-I'm doing a small workshop online with Lisa Pace. One project involves a darling little lamb. I really didn't want to make a card so I've been trying to figure what else I could do. My neighbor across the street just had a baby girl-she will now be getting a lamb door hanger. Thanks as always for the inspiration

jules p said...

Cute. Very cute!

Mescrap said...

Congratulation on your moving.
Ryan is so cute !!

mininessie said...

ha ha ha!!
so funny :D
love it Irene!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin