Friday, August 28, 2009

Strength ATC

This is an ATC that I've created recently. I've used various techniques on this ATC.

Here are the steps.

1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic ATC as the base for this ATC. Run the acrylic ATC through an embossing machine with an embossing folder (I've used a Cuttlebug). Ink the embossed images with solvent ink.

2) Cut out a damask image from a pattern paper and add it to the ATC.

3) Add a vintage image on the middle of the ATC. (Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink first) Apply a layer of crackle accents on top of it and let it dry.

4) Add a strip of lace on the bottom of the ATC using some mini brads.

5) To create the distress frame, use a chipboard frame and lightly scrape some gesso around it's edges. Ink the whole piece with black soot distress ink and later wipe it lightly with a piece of wet wipe. Stamp some images on it with some white acrylic paint. Add it to the ATC with some foam adhesives.

6) Add some black and white flowers on the left of the frame. (Sprinkle some black acrylic paint on the white flowers first) Use some pearls as flower centers.

7) Add a string of pearls around the frame and tie a tag to it. I've also covered the tag with some glossy accents.

Hope you all like this black and white vintage ATC. If you still have not try out for my giveaway, you still have time till Monday. Simply click here and participate. Good Luck!

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: My Minds Eye; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Chipboard: Creative Cuts and More; Others: Folkart Gesso, Ranger Paint Dabber, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Ranger Crackle Accents, Ranger Glossy Accents, Making Memories mini brads, pearls, die cut heart charm, lace, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.

11 comments:

Cat said...

That is great!

marijke said...

this is soooooooo great I love all your work I am a hughes fan

Unknown said...

beautiful! the lady on the image seems so pensive and sad to me...

Tanya said...

Very beautiful!!! Love it......

Cathrines-creative said...

Wow wow, I just love youre work, I`m a huge fan, and follow your blog...
Have a nice day..
Cathrine

DeeDee said...

I really like how you used the crackle accents.

Sassy Scrapper said...

All I've got to say is WOW BEAUTIFUL!
Bonnie

ledesma said...

Gorgeous!!!! love all the black on this and the crackle picture is awesome great idea ;)

Hugs

Oliwiaen said...

How do you get such long and deep cracks? My crackle accents always go very little, no matter how thick the layer is :-((
Beautiful work!

Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog

Wow Gold said...

fantastic blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin