Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Treasure


This is a layout with tons of Art Anthology and 7 Dots Studio goodness. I've used the Dreamer collection from 7DS to create this layout.

For this layout, I’m trying to avoid using any flowers to embellish. I’ve been using flowers on almost all my projects and I think it would be fun to create a layout without flowers. Therefore, I’ve had tons of chipboards on this layouts instead. It’s easy to blend these chipboards into the artsy papers in the Dreamer collection. Just use some coordinating mist and paints and you’re set!

 
 
To create the background, I’ve used a Clear Scraps mascil, "shattered glass" with some Art Anthology colorations (Timeless, Heart, Warm, Focus). I’ve also used another chicken wire mascil and some gesso to create the distressed hexagonal pattern on the layout. I’ve misted them with colorations too.
 
 
I’ve actually used a few chipboard and metal pieces to embellish this layout. To make them looked embedded on the layout, I’ve used more gesso and later misted them with the coordinating colorations. To create some darker spots among the embellishment, I’ve used some alcohol ink.
Do you feel like misting and painting now? Have fun playing!!


Scrapbooking Master Class with Irene Tan. Check it out here!

Sources: Pattern Papers: 7DS; Inks and Paints: Ranger Inks, Art Anthology; Mask and Stencils: Clear Scraps; Stickers: 7DS; Others: Dusty Attic chipboard, thread for stitching, metal embellishment, gesso, tissue tape, netting, brad, crystal, buttons, Beacon and other adhesives. 

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Just beautiful! Love the photo and the wings.

Dianne said...

The both ( this one and one below) layouts are fabulous match so well with the pics I love them, thanks so much for sharing...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin